How to connect/setup your Unitron TV Connector
Step 1: Connecting to your television
To set up the TV Connector for the Bluetooth hearing aids, please follow these steps carefully:
- Insert the micro USB end of the USB cable into the port on the backside of the TV Connector.
- Connect the larger end of the USB cable to the power supply
- Insert the power supply into your wall socket
- Insert the other end of the audio cable into the AUDIO OUT port of your TV
- Once connected to power, the LED turns green to indicate that it is ready to stream
- When the TV Connector is plugged into a power source for the very first time, ensure your hearing aids are switched on and within 1 meter radius to allow automatic connection.
- Once your hearing aids have been connected, they will play a confirmation tone.
Your hearing aids should now be connected and ready to use ! If you are having difficulty with connecting your hearing aids, please watch the video below or call our team.
Step 2: Connecting to an audio source
The TV Connector can be connected to any audio source such as a TV, PC or stereo system. It supports two different audio cable inputs: optical (TOSLINK) or analog. Either of these audio cables must be plugged into the
the dedicated audio port on the TV Connector.
Optional: Connecting with the analog cable Replace the supplied optical (TOSLINK) audio cable with the analog 3.5 mm cable. Insert one
end of the analog cable into the TV Connector and connect the other end of the analog 3.5 mm audio cable into the AUDIO OUT port of your TV(or audio source).
If your TV loudspeakers switch off when connected with the analog 3.5mm audio cable, use the optical audio cable instead (see: "Connecting with optical cable").
Step 3: Connecting the TV Connector to your hearing aids
When the TV Connector is plugged into a power source for the first time, the connection to the hearing aids will be automatic. The hearing aids will play a confirmation melody when the connection is successful.
Step 3 To connect new hearing aids to the TV Connector:
• Press the Connect button on the back of the TV Connector, and the LED indicator light will start blinking blue.
• Make sure the hearing aids are switched on and within 1 m (3 ft) of the TV Connector.
• You will hear a confirmation melody in your hearing aids when the connection is successful. This may take up to 10 seconds.
Turning the TV Connector ON or OFF
The TV Connector has a power button located on the top of the device.
To turn ON the TV Connector:
• Press and hold the button for 2 seconds
• The LED indicator on the back of the device will turn on once the TV Connector has powered on
To turn OFF the TV Connector:
• Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.
• The LED indicator on the back of the device will turn off when the TV Connector has powered off.