Ear Wax Removal
Quite often ear wax can build up within the ear, in most cases the earwax loosens & falls out on its own. In some cases the earwax can build up causing a blockage within the ear. Traditionally removing ear involved ear irrigation or commonly known as syringing the ears. This practice is performed by a GP. Syringing the ears involves the GP flushing our the hardened wax with warm water in order loosen & remove the wax. Not all GP’s practice ear syringing.
Causes Of Ear wax Build Up:
- You just have more wax in your ears – some people do naturally.
- You narrow canals (the tubes that link the eardrum and outer ear).
- Your age – wax gets harder and more difficult to fall out.
- Use of earplugs and other things you put in your ear – these can push the wax further in.
Symptoms of ear wax build up:
- Difficulty hearing
- An ear infection
- Sounds such as high-pitched tones coming from inside the ear (tinnitus)
- Safe For Perforations
- No water or syringing used
- Ability to see within the ear canal
- Treatment normally takes between 15 -30 mins
- Performed by MSc & BSc Qualified Audiologists
- Home visits for patients who can not leave their home
How Much Does The Treatment Cost ?
Microscution Earwax removal costs €50 for 1 ear, €75 for both ears.
Is Microsuction Earwax Removal Suitable For Me ?
Micrcosuction earwax removal is suitable for most people as it is a safe & non invasive treatment. If a patient is unable to leave their home, we can provide a home visit.